The nice people at the running bug ( http://therunningbug.co.uk/default.aspx ) recently sent me out a shiny new pair of New Balance 1080 v3’s to run the rule over. So here is the link to my review, I hope it is of help.
- Great support through the arch into the midfoot.
- Foot feels very secure and stable.
- Due to 8mm drop a nice way to start transition to minimal shoes.
- Laces come loose.
- N2 Heel cushioning just feels dead.
- A very wide heel.
DETAILS & FEATURES
- Setting the standard for neutral runners, the 1080v3 provides comfort and protection in a lightweight frame. With N2 heel cushioning and an ABZORB crash pad, the 1080v3 can keep up, mile after mile.
- 8mm drop.
- Synthetic/Mesh upper.
- Blown rubber outsole.
- No-sew material application.
- Crash Pad allows enhanced motion control and stability within the heel.
- Runs full length of shoe to maximize shock absorption and comfort.